The 2014 Midwest Archives Conference will be held in the
The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center
1 East Pershing Road
Kansas City, MO 64108
Hotel rooms for the conference at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center can be reserved at https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/midwestarchives or by calling (888) 627-8538.
Be sure to mention the MAC Conference to receive these discounted rates:
- $149.00 per night (single or double)
- $169.00 per night (triple)
- $189.00 per night (quad)
- all rates incur 15.35 percent state and local taxes as well as the Kansas City Development fee of $1.73 per night
- A limited number of Club Level rooms are available at the rate of $179 per night which allow access into the Club Lounge. The lounge is open Monday through Friday (6:00AM to 8:30AM for a continental breakfast) and Sunday through Thursday (5:30PM to 8:30PM for appetizers and beverages)
These discounted rates are available until April 1, 2014.
The Westin Kansas City has a complementary shuttle available for their business travelers between the hotel and the downtown government and financial districts as well as other local area businesses.
It runs Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM; Monday – Saturday 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM
• (Coming from Kansas City International Airport – approximately 25 minutes).
• Take Interstate 29 South to Highway 169 South.
• Continue on Highway 169 South across the Broadway Bridge over the Missouri River.
• Hwy 169 becomes Broadway (do not turn right).
• Follow Broadway 18 blocks to Pershing Road.
• Turn left on Pershing Road.
• The hotel is less than 1 mile ahead on the right.
• Take Interstate 70 West into the city.
• Exit onto Interstate 670 West (left exit) and proceed 1 mile.
• Take the Broadway exit and turn left.
• Go 12 blocks to Pershing Road and turn left.
• The hotel is ahead 3 blocks on the right.
• Take Interstate 70 to Interstate 670 East (left exit).
• Proceed 1 mile.
• Take Interstate 35 South to the 20th Street exit (the first exit).
• Take a left on 20th Street.
• Take a right on Main Street.
• Take a right on Pershing Road. The hotel is on the left.
• Take Interstate 35 North.
• Take the Broadway exit, then turn right.
• Go 12 blocks to Pershing Road, then turn left.
• Proceed 3 blocks.
• The hotel is on the right, just past Main Street.
The Weston has 24-hour Valet Parking for $21 a night or self-parking facilities for $16 a night.
Crown Center has hourly parking as well, with three hours of free parking for validated receipts. And additional three free hours is available through the Crown Center Customer Service desk with $25 or more of same-day shopping receipts.
The Kansas City International Airport (MCI) is located just a twenty minute drive from downtown Kansas City and is one of the nation’s most convenient airports, serving all major airlines.
From MCI, it’s quick and easy to reach the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. The airport offers these options for ground transportation to the hotel. These include:
- Shuttles can be hired/reserved for direct drop-off to and from the airport to the Westin Crown Center. The SuperShuttle is the more common choice, and charges $18.00 one way. Tickets may be purchased in advance online or in any of the airport terminals at the SuperShuttle kiosk.
- Car Rentals are available from the airport and other locations (Hertz is located in the lobby of the hotel).
- Taxi service to and from MCI is available. Courtesy phones for taxi service are located both inside and outside the terminal at each bag claim area and at other strategic locations outside the terminal exits. Rates are $2.50 plus $2.10 per mile and may vary due to traffic delays and waiting time. Taxi service is available from the hotel to whatever destination is desired. Cost is approximately $48 and takes about 30 minutes.
For specific driving instructions, see our post “Getting there – by car“
Amtrak trains disembark at the historic Union Station, and is 0.12 miles from the hotel which translates to a quick taxi ride or an easy 10 minute walk to the hotel. There is an enclosed skywalk from the east end of Union Station that goes to the Westin Kansas City.
Greyhound bus station is another transportation alternative and is 4.5 miles from the hotel.
Kansas City is also served by Megabus, connecting from most Midwestern cities. The bus stop is located at 300 Grand Boulevard. It is about 1.9 miles to the hotel and the Kansas City Metro has a Metro Area Express (MAX) bus stop at the same corner from where the Westin Kansas City is an easy 17 minute ride.